Hi my name is Nikki and I am absolutely thrilled and honored to join the talented group of contributors at Fairfield County Mom’s Blog!
The Fairfield County part is definitely apropos for me, as I have lived in this fabulous county my entire life. I was born at Stamford Hospital, and was raised on the campus of a school in Greenwich. After four years in Storrs (still in CT, not Fairfield county) my boyfriend and I called Norwalk, CT our home for seven years. The last chapter in our Fairfield County journey occurred last summer when my husband (the boyfriend from above) and I bought a house in Stamford, CT. So long story LONG we are now raising our two precocious girls in the “Mid-Ridges,” and love exploring all the wonderful adventures Stamford has to offer young families.
So now that you know my housing journey here are a few fun facts about me:
1. I drink an inordinate about of water a day. Close to 60 ounces or more. I guess you can say I like to stay hydrated. I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me and have been known to get a little “squirrelly” if I forget my precious green camel back or hydro water bottle. My daughters have adopted my love of H20 and also insist on constantly drinking water.
2. Teaching is in my blood…literally. I was raised by two educators and six years ago on a hot August day in OBX I married the best second grade teacher in the world (I may be slightly biased). After a decade in the classroom I decided to slightly change directions and I currently work a few days a week in the student services department as the Assessment Coordinator.
3. I met my husband at work, scandalous.
4. I have two daughters. Our two princess loving, bike riding, baby doll aficionados and resident picky eaters are Sofie Anne (11/15/11) & Keira Meadow (9/7/13). They bring so much love, laughter and whining to our lives.
5. I make my bed every day. No exceptions. The thought of an unmade bed makes my skin crawl.
6. I love to stay active. Good thing because I have to make up for my love of chocolate. I discovered group classes in college and it was love at first step aerobics sequence. After leaving the wonderful free facilities that higher education has to offer, I became a trained spin instructor. Because getting paid to workout is an amazing thing. After I had our second daughter, I decided to achieve one of my all-time bucket list items and train for a 5K. I finished that 5K pushing my beloved double BOB stroller and have since completed many other races, including a half marathon (that one was without the stroller). Because I have so much free time and I love a challenge I recently decided that I should train for the Greenwich Triathlon. UPDATE: I completed my first bike ride this weekend, I fell once but of course it was at an intersection with many spectators.
7. Our youngest daughter was born 9 minutes after we got to Greenwich Hospital.
8. I talk on the phone with mom daily…well sometimes every other day.
9. I have traveled to five of the seven continents…Guess which ones I have not visited?
10. My favorite reality TV show is MTV The Challenge. This says a lot about me. Judge away, the show is amazing and I have no shame in following the cast of delightful characters via twitter. I feel like I know them.
11. I can’t remember the last day that I did not… drink a cup of coffee, eat a piece of chocolate, or obsess about something that is completely out of my control.
12. One of my current life goals is two a get a decent family picture of the four of us that is not an iPhone selfie…maybe by the time the girls are in college we will achieve this…
13. We will end on my lucky number 13, you can thank me later. As you can see, I am an open book and I cannot wait to post about all our fun adventures and my inner ramblings (love a good stream on consciousness).