While I love the cozy season of winter, my pale, dry skin tells a different story. So when Lauren and Christine of Glo On The Go, a mobile tanning and make up service, offered me a complimentary in-home tan to try out their fabulous service, I practically ran to my bikini drawer! If you’re considering getting bronzed anytime soon, here’s the scoop :
Glo On The Go is a mobile service. This means that they bring the tan to you! They service the entire Fairfield County area and will go outside of this area, but a travel fee may apply. While I was a bit worried about an industrial strength tanning sprayer in my living room, I agreed anyway and was pleasantly surprised. My living room space leaves a lot to be desired with all of my Christmas decor and toys strewn about, but they popped up this super convenient tent that took up only a small space. The supplies they brought consisted of two shopping bags and the actual machine which was fairly small and plugged right into a basic outlet.
Once Lauren and Christine were set, the entire process took no longer than 15 minutes. The ladies were in and out in under 45 minutes and that was with us chatting before and after the service.
Why I loved this service:
- Dragging an 18 month old to appointments or coordinating times for babysitting to get to any appointment is very difficult, so having the service come to me was super convenient.
- The week before my service, I got a detailed list of things to do for my skin. The directions were easy to follow and really helped my tan last. Glo On The Go takes pride in educating their clients about pre and post tan care, which was evident. They took the time to explain what to do after my tan and asked me if I had any questions before they left me. They even checked in after the service to see how I liked the tan!
- I didn’t look orange. If you’ve ever been to a spray tan booth or used any self-tanning products or bronzers, you know how tricky it is to avoid looking like an oompah loompa. The bronzer was done just right, so I had a “just back from vacay” look.
- It’s organic! I smelled like yummy vanilla and I didn’t have a weird chemical smell on my skin or in my living room after the tan. I’m told the tanning solution is not only organic, but also gluten-free, nut-allergen free, sulfate free, and paraben free. That’s pretty amazing in my book.
- No staining, streaking, or smearing. While I was warned that certain areas of my body (like neck and elbow crooks) might have a few streaks, I didn’t experience this. The tan was even throughout and didn’t seem to have any spots where it creased or built up.
Lauren and Christine are passionate about beauty and this was evident in the application of the tanning spray and the time they took to ensure that it was applied flawlessly. The tan itself lasted about a week, but even longer on my legs! I could definitely get used to being tan all year round. If you have an upcoming event, I highly recommend this service…they offer makeup services as well! I felt pretty fabulous afterward, and I loved the convenience of having the service come to me. What a great idea for busy moms! Make sure to check out their website and ‘like” them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter and Instagram at @GloOnTheGo!
This post was sponsored by Glo on the Go, but the opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting our sponsors.