I think we can all agree that monitoring screen time is important. In a pandemic, however, all rules have gone out the window! I’ve purchased my twins some new books as an alternative to their screens to ease my guilt. Surprisingly, many of these books are such a hit that my kids reach for them first!
Below is a round-up of some of my family’s favorites, as well as those of my fellow contributors.
Infants & Toddlers
- Never Touch a Monster by Rosie Greening & Make Believe Ideas Ltd.
- Never Touch a Shark by Make Believe Ideas Ltd.
- That’s Not My Elephant (Usborne Books) by Fiona Watt
- Cars, Trucks, Planes & Trains a Little People Flat Book, by Nancy Rindone
- Pete the Cat, Meet Pete by James Dean
- Waiting is Not Easy! an Elephant & Piggie Book by Mo Willems
- There is a Dinosaur on the 13th Floor by Wade Bradford
- Pinkalicious and Aqua, the Mini-Mermaid by Victoria Kann
- What Pet Should I Get by Dr. Seuss
- Fancy Nancy: Tea for Two by Jane O’Connor
- Ivy & Bean by Annie Barrows
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Character Encyclopedia by DK
- The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale
- S.O.S: Society of Substitutes by Alan Katz
- Who Would Win Lion vs. Tiger by Jerry Pallotta
- The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak
- A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo by Jill Twiss
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Plants vs. Zombies by Paul Tobin
- The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
- The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Keeper of the Lost Cities Series by Shannon Messenger
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling